With the generous support of UM’s giving community, we have built a new model for the biological station, one that continues to advance outstanding research and bring this science to University students, K-12 students and our western Montana community every day. On behalf of the entire FLBS team, thank you!Director Jim Elser
FlatHead Lake Biological Station Facilities and Infrastructure
Interdisciplinary Internship Program
Flathead Lake Monitoring
Philanthropic support provides more than half of the funding for the Flathead Lake Monitoring Program. Our long-term monitoring efforts have been sustained through Campaign Montana, and the program has expanded to a new site in Polson Bay and to include samples for aquatic invasive species.
TOGETHER, WE CAN CHANGE MORE LIVES
We’ve achieved so much during Campaign Montana.
We will continue the momentum with these fundraising priorities.
Make no small plans. Donate
With generous support through Campaign Montana and ongoing engagement with our giving community, we will continue our efforts to make the Flathead Lake Biological Station the best biological field station in the world by:
- Maintaining and expanding our educational efforts for University students, including formal classes, independent research and interdisciplinary internships
- Engaging with local schools to help empower students and teachers with more knowledge about Flathead Lake and its watershed
- Sustaining and improving our long-term monitoring that takes the pulse of Flathead Lake
- Communicating our science with the Flathead community and gathering the input of our neighbors
- Advancing world-class research by our faculty and scientists in all areas of freshwater science
FLBS is entering its 122nd year of operations. We proudly continue this legacy thanks to the generosity of our forward-thinking benefactors.